Can you claim temporary insanity if you’re already a little bit insane?

Wednesday, October 7

Too early

I can't sleep.  No matter how hard I've tried, my body has decided that it is time for me to get up.  How did this happen?!?  My body NEVER wants to get up before ten. (and that's on a good day)  I'd say hell has finally frozen over but my arch nemesis, 'The cat who poops in my yard,' is still going strong.  (and apparently eating quite well)

I have to give 'the cat who poops' some kudos.  He has so far been able to elude not only me, but animal control as well.  A friend suggested that I try sprinkling my yard with cayenne pepper.  Since I'm a 'more is better' person, I bought a dozen or so bottles of the stuff.  First of all, Mr. Kitty did not mind the cayenne.  Seems he fancies a little spice in his life.  (bad pun intended)  It did, however, bother me......as well as my husband, the neighbors, the mailman, Fed Ex guy, newspaper delivery boy, and anyone who was unfortunate to have walked by.  And that was BEFORE the sprinklers hit.

Since I wasn't having much success on my own, I brought in the big guns.  Thankfully my 11 year old nephew agreed to help.  He brought over his cat trap, (I've learned not to ask questions anymore) and rigged it using tuna fish as bait.  Mr. Kitty, it seems, has a refined palette.  He prefers things such as my newspaper to a can of tuna.  As if it wasn't bad enough to find him still free,'the cat who poops in my yard,' did just that....right in front of the trap.  I can't decide if Mr. Kitty is an evil genius, or just really, really dumb.  For the sake of my pride, let's go with the first.

2 comments:

Julie and Nate said...

Maybe somebody is trying to make you crazy. Maybe they are planting cat poop in your yard. Have you ever seen the little beast?
Or how about this... get a dog, then you won't have cat poop in your yard anymore, just dog poop.
You can have my dogs. They would love to catch a cat for you. ;)

Kristin said...

Uhmmm...update please!!;)

Who doesn't love a dancing penguin?!?