Can you claim temporary insanity if you’re already a little bit insane?

Wednesday, August 8

Captcha

"Captcha--a type of challenge-response test used in computing as an attempt to ensure that the response is generated by a person."  Or, in people speak terms, those two annoying words you have to type in to make sure you are you and not a computer.  Sad really, because I would love to read the comment a computer would leave on my blog.  Something quite random I'm sure.

Am I the only one who has problems with the captcha?  I can't be.  They have refresh buttons for a reason.  And they should.  Not only are the letters of the captcha incredibly small, but they are also blurry and all smushed together.  They make no sense, and every single time I'm asked to type in the 'words above' I get them wrong.  And it's not just once, or twice where I've made that mistake.  There have been times when the number of tries is much higher (I won't share how high.  Let's just say it's high enough to make one question my smarts).

Besides, doesn't the captcha violate a computer's first amendment rights?  I bet that's what finally puts the machines over the edge...

No comments:

Who doesn't love a dancing penguin?!?