Can you claim temporary insanity if you’re already a little bit insane?

Saturday, July 2

Adventure at Boy Scouts

Though, according to Bryant, there really was no adventure.  Wednesday evening my sister got a call from her husband.  Wait - let me backtrack a bit.  This past week my son, nephew and bro-in-law all went to scout camp.  They left Monday morning, at 4-freakin-am. (in our house 4 am is a bedtime)  The call on Wednesday was to let us know that their scout troop was trapped on the wrong side of a flooded river.  Apparently everything, merit badges, mess hall, and the road home, were on the opposite side.  According to the local news (it actually made it into the paper) it was a precarious situation with food being passed to the trapped boy scouts by a rope and pulley system.  Needless to say I was anticipating an exciting story when Bryant finally made it home.  We weren't sure - because of the terribly precarious situation -when the boys would actually make it home. To my surprise Bryant walked in the door today around noon.  When I asked about his ordeal he rolled his eyes, scoffed, and said it was 'no big deal'.  I was a little grumpy this morning, er...afternoon, and did not appreciate the teenage attitude, especially when I was expecting something exciting, something worthwhile to blog about. Alas, thanks to my almost fifteen year old boy, I have nothing.

The week before Lauren was at girls camp.  This past week Bryant was at scout camp.  Of course, as a good mother, I missed them both terribly and could not wait for them to get home.  However, as a bad mother.....and I believe I'll stop right there.

2 comments:

Julie and Nate said...

Sounds like they really got to use their scouting skills. lol I'm just glad they are okay, even if it was "no big deal." I love reading your blog posts!! Keep 'em coming, please.

Erika said...

Well, testimony meeting today should be interesting between the girls camp and scout camp stories.

Who doesn't love a dancing penguin?!?