Can you claim temporary insanity if you’re already a little bit insane?

Saturday, June 11

I hate Blogger

I guess I really can't blame them for my own technical handicap....though it's much nicer than blaming myself.  I had purchased a domain for my other blog, planet tiff.  (I know, super creative name right)  I guess it required an annual payment, which I did not pay.  Now my blog is gone and I can't figure out how to get it back!  You'd think the people at blogger would make it easy for me to give them money.  Apparently no...you have to be some sort of computer genius - like build your own dvr and stuff.  (have I ever mentioned that my baby sister brought such a person into our family?  My bro-in-law literally built himself a dvr.  I can't even operate one and he built one!)  Sigh...you'd think after a semester of some sort of computer class - taken in 1992 - would give me the knowledge I would need in a situation like this.  It hasn't helped at all and I don't think my less than stellar grade in the class has any bearing on the situation either.  Maybe the fact that computers in 92 were the same size as a kitchen table but definitely not my grade.

One of my family members - I won't say who - made the comment that blogs disappear after six months of inactivity and that's why my other one has faded into oblivion.  Hahaha.  To think I gave this non-mentionable person life.  Not to mention that I allowed him to watch a six hour 'The Nanny marathon with me.'  Hmmm, wait....maybe there's a connection there.

I'm actually supposed to be writing a talk for Sunday.  (at our church people from the congregation speak, not a paid clergy)  As you can see I'm working really hard on it.  I figure I'll just get up there and wing it.  What's the worst that can happen?  Oh yeah.  Me.  Speaking.  In front of people.  Bad, bad and more bad.  I'm sure at some point something inappropriate will come out of my mouth.  Not intentionally mind you...it just kinda happens on it's own.  Considering I'm a lousy secret keeper, that's a lethal combination.  Oh well, wish me luck!  (and that you've never told me anything embarrassing, illegal or otherwise incriminating.)


I leave you with my current favorite picture.  My baby girl is growing up so fast! 



2 comments:

Brian and Cathy Phillips said...

We're famous! You alluded to Brian and me in your blog! Btw, would you believe I can't get to your other blog because the filters on campus block it?! You must have a racy blog (wink wink). I read your post at mom's, and I'm grateful everything's ok! I'm a little ticked though. The info warrented a call to your little seester. Also, I love that picture too! What a beautiful niece I have. (would she be offended if I still called her one of my babies? Cause she still is, you know.)

Erika said...

Glad to see your blog back up and running. Keep it up. I need you.

Who doesn't love a dancing penguin?!?