Can you claim temporary insanity if you’re already a little bit insane?

Friday, November 19

Almost resolution time!

Are you ready?

Being in the fitness industry I hear, a lot, about people's different resolutions.  99.9% of them have to do with weight loss.  Since my job depends on just that I am incredibly supportive and encouraging of their efforts.  Here is where it gets real.  Most of these people will not make it to the end of January.  Why?  Because Hershey's, Cadbury, and the makers of M&M's somehow make their chocolaty goodness addicting.  I can think of no other rational explanation.  Why else would someone, not me of course, but someone, eat an entire bag of M&M's in one night?  Why I ask you?

Through hard earned experience, I have learned some very valuable keys for effective and lasting weight loss.  The first is very simple, don't eat an entire bag of M&M's yourself.  Second, the use of a pedometer can be a great asset.  A very great asset indeed.....if you remember to put it on.  Sitting on the couch waving it up and down, while a great idea in theory, does not work.  I don't know why, it just doesn't.  Third, and the last for tonight, use a scale.  Mine is an excellent prop for some unstable shelving.  It is just the right height and very sturdy.

Following these steps will help you achieve your resolution of lasting and effective weight loss.  Now where did I put that bag of m&m's?

1 comment:

Brian and Cathy Phillips said...

Hello, you were keeping up your blog so well, what happened? Sigh, jealous of your beautiful decorations; I'm not doing a thing this year, double sigh. So, um, we should talk.

Who doesn't love a dancing penguin?!?