Can you claim temporary insanity if you’re already a little bit insane?

Wednesday, November 10

Let's give it another try

I've decided that my blogs don't have to be unbelievably amazing, and/or earth-shattering to be read.  In fact, this can be the most boring blog in the world and people will read it!  Why?  Because eventually people get bored enough and will read anything.

So I've been thinking of a way to summarize, in three sentences, the last year of my families life.  So here it goes:
Carl and I both had surgery, less than two months apart, and find that when unsupervised our kids can and will  eat a week's worth of groceries in a day.  Pain killers make Carl hallucinate, when Carl hallucinates he wakes me up at all hours of the night, which in turn makes me grumpy.  (make that grumpier, having no food to eat makes me grumpy)  Bryant started High school, Lauren's in Jr. High, and they still eat like a varsity football team.

Speaking of a varsity football team...I think tomorrow is Veteran's day.  What I do know is that my kids don't have school.  So here it is 12: 45 in the morning and I'm thinking I get to sleep in.  Wrong!  I totally forgot that I have to teach cycle in the morning.  Drats, I hate having to act perky when I'm so tired.  (it's bad enough when I'm not)  I wonder what my class would do if I brought in a lounge chair and cue cards.  Instead of yelling motivational things at them I could just hold up a card and wave it around a bit.  Better yet, I could get someone else to hold up the card for me! Wait a minute, my kids don't have school tomorrow.  And they thought they weren't going to do anything fun.

1 comment:

Brian and Cathy Phillips said...

She's alive! I can hold cue cards for you. Can I? Pretty please? How did it go? You know you're a Carlson, and as soon as you get in front of a crowd the lively and perky you comes out. It's a family...gift? curse? whichever. Btw, I've been trying to get in touch with you forever! Do you know it's a girl, and I'm naming her Bertha?

Who doesn't love a dancing penguin?!?