Can you claim temporary insanity if you’re already a little bit insane?

Sunday, December 27

So what now?

Christmas is really over.  I am dealing with the after Christmas melancholy.  It feels like this Holiday season just started and now it's over.  (and  I don't think it's because I procrastinated pretty much everything.)   I'm thinking of starting a petition to merge Thanksgiving and Halloween.  Which is a pretty wonderful idea if I say so myself.  First of all, there would be no required baking for the Thanksgiving dinner.  This is a good thing for those of us not gifted with the baking gene.  Everyone eats the Turkey feast and for dessert we trick-or-treat.  Not only do you get a little post-dinner walk, you also have the costume option.  Think about just how convienent that would be!  A large, roomy costume with lots of give is just perfect for such a day of feasting.  No more tight pants or loosening of the belt.

As for Christmas, everyone knows we like to party Purnell style.  Purnell style almost always includes mishaps and/or injuries of varying sorts.  This year we almost made it without any injuries...almost.  Our safety record was broken by a kid wielding a vegetable peeler.  How is it possible that such a tiny cut can bleed so much?  As for the mishaps...how was I to know that you should put Ham in the oven for at least an hour?  You'd think after all the raw and undercooked meals I've accidentally served my family they would be smart enough to give someone else Pork duty.  I tried to convince them that a little salmonella poisoning would guarantee a memorable Christmas but did they listen?  No.  Apparently now that my kids and nieces and nephews can read lying isn't as easy as it once was.  I could just stop lying, but where would the fun be in that?

2 comments:

Brian and Cathy Phillips said...

Hmm, so I can't comment on your other blog. Nards. By the way, you have three readers. Mom, yourself, and ... Brian!

I don't know where you get off saying you don't cook. Remember Thanksgiving 2006?! The rolls were absolutely delightful and that gravy!

I love Thalloween (or is it Haliving?). I'm up for it next year. Which brings me to my last question, which child did the wielding?

Kristin said...

Love catching up a bit!!! And, love your bloggy humor:)

Who doesn't love a dancing penguin?!?